Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bonjour!

Ok, no I am not French (unfortunately), but I am preparing for our "annual" new years trip to St. Barth's, French West Indies. In order to prepare I have been trying to freshen up on my french (which, by the way, I took in school from 5th grade-10th grade). One would think that I would at least remember the most basic grammar and words, but lo and behold my memory has failed me yet again. I am currently listening to Hotel Costes, "Summer in Paris" for inspiration, but it is just making me want to actually summer in Paris (go figure!).

So, I totally scored this fabulous straw Panama hat off the giveaway table at work, which happens to be just what I was in the market for. I keep wearing it around my apartment, with my new found beachy wavy hair, almost impossible for us curly haired folk, but thanks to the Brazilian straightening (my savior) I now have that almost perfect, but messed up in just the right way, I didn't actually spend any time on my hair, this is just how I wake up every morning hair. Anyway, I am so excited to wear it on the beach that I am actually walking around my apartment pretending I am on Saline beach with actual beach hair (34 days!) God, my roommate probably thinks I am nuts. Clearly I need a vacation.....

This year I am going to go for a total Brigitte Bardot french beach look, you know, being on a french speaking island and all it seems only appropriate.

Here are some of my Brigitte Bardot style inspirations:

Next up... the gym!!

Au Revoir!

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment