Thursday, May 4, 2017

Long Exposure Photography - Los Angeles

Last week I booked a flight to Los Angeles at 9pm for a 9am flight the next day.

Why, you ask? Am I really that spontaneous?

Well, yes, but not quite.  I became and AUNT and I had to meet my new nephew! I know I may be biased, but he is seriously the cutest little thing ever!! I cannot yet share any pictures of the little nugget because I was told I am not allowed to, so instead I will show you some of my photography from the trip.

I obviously took the opportunity while in California to shoot as much as possible, mostly at sunset, although sunrise would have been awesome too since I was sometimes up while getting used to the time change.

I have been to Los Angeles a hundred times, but as I said in previous posts, I never really took advantage of it from a photography perspective, so I wanted to make sure to take full advantage this go-round.

Tripod and camera in hand, I set out to photograph long exposures of some famous and well known spots around Santa Monica and Malibu.

See my pictures below and let me know what you think and if you have any recommendations for other photo worthy spots in the area for the next time I visit (which will be often since I want to see my little man!)

Bisous

Santa Monica Incline Overlooking the PCH and Santa Monica Beach

Palm Trees in Santa Monica 
Cars speeding down the PCH at Blue Hour in Santa Monica 
Light Trails on the PCH 
Santa Monica Pier at Blue Hour

Santa Monica Pier at Blue Hour

Stopping waves under the Santa Monica Pier

Water under the Santa Monica Pier

Santa Monica Pier at Blue Hour

Santa Monica Pier at Blue Hour

Point Dume

Views of Point Dume looking to find my brother surfing


Point Dume, Malibu


Point Dume, Malibu

Point Dume, Maibu


Point Dume, Malibu




Point Dume, Malibu

Point Dume, Malibu

No comments:

Post a Comment